Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Girl, I know you try. You fly straight into my heart, you fly straight into my heart but here comes the fall...

So I’m currently cleansing my ears (that’s pure beauty right there) from the amount of Capital and Capitalesque music my ears have had to endure today. Whilst I love sitting on poolside, there is only so much I can take, only so much I can take, before my knees start to buckle and my arms start to shake. Sorry about that drifted off into Rise Against mode, nice bit of Faint Resemblance there for you… Yeah so for me sitting on poolside is a beautiful pastime as it’s one of those beautiful occasions where you can just chill. I mean there is nothing like it, I sit there staring blankly into the mesmerising, calm, blue water, gently swooshing into the gutter (obviously observing that nobody is mindlessly killing themselves at the same time) and my mind goes completely blank. It’s a beautiful release from the stresses of life and it gives me that rare opportunity to reflect and mull things over in my mind. Mull – what a beautiful word.

Righty, back to this furious rant about Capital! The first fault I have with this beautiful station is that they only have about 15 songs for the day. I mean I’ve probably exaggerated a bit there, it’s probably less than that. Very cleverly, in an attempt to cover this up, they just chuck in a tonne of adverts and what will be coming up later. A clever tactic when what’s coming up later is… more adverts and more talking about what’s going to be happening later. I mean it even annoyed the old woman WHO WAS SWIMMING in the pool!(No, not on the side beside the pool) You can barely hear the music when you are swimming! I can’t actually remember what my other point was… but it was very important so we shall all reflect over how important it is for a moment or two



Well that was good, wasn’t it? I still can’t remember what it was. Perhaps something to do with the crazy presenters. They are far too happy! I don’t want someone happy badgering on about stuff at me. Nightmare! Also what is it with calling their concerts, “gigs“. They are not allowed to do this because I said so! Take White Lies, I’d classify them as non-Capital material on the whole… So if I’m not gunna get hot and sweaty with some fat half-naked bloke at a White Lies concert, I’m definitely not going to at a “Neyo” or whoever James May calls himself when he’s pimping out the stage with his banging tunes, blud. In truth I’m far to chilled out and happy to rant. Tis a shame as this is something that really annoys me!

So what brings this unusual mood??? Well I suppose it comes off the back of a pleasant day. I may be exhausted but I just feel like I’m at peace with life for the time being. It will surely try to fuck things up again shortly, but I will ride this wave as long as I can. I’ve spent a pleasant few hours revising, and then I saw Beth which was lovely. I then jammed off to work to sit on poolside for almost the entire shift! Naughty! Very much against the NOP! There I think I had the realisation that life was good. So following that, I jammed off to explorers to make some pancakes. Better Together has just starting playing following a nice bit of interpol, mmm just sums up life. I think only summer would top this. So anyways the pancakes were pretty tasty and for once I had fun. I mean numbers were stretched to say the least! But either way it made me feel kinda accepted again, it’s been a long time since I felt socially at ease and even satisfied.

This story is boring and stuff. fact.

[Via http://virtualreverb.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment