Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hypocrisy NOW! With Sarah Palin...

We have all been subjected to the new (stolen) Jay Leno Show promos during the Olympics.  I’d like my curling finals Palin-free, but it’s apparently not to be.  Thanks to his prime-time failure, Jay has his old show back.

I’m a Letterman girl; I can’t help it-whining bugs me. Sarah Palin will appear right alongside gold-medal winners as one of Jay’s welcome back guests next week.  How can this be?

David Letterman’s unfortunate joke last summer had a long shelf life.  Half of the Paliban think Letterman actually raped one of the Palin girls.  Why wouldn’t they? Her statement insinuated he was a pedophile.

Jay Leno, however, is in high-favor with the half-term governor.  Sarah, what’s the difference between jokes about your daughter being impregnated by Alex Rodriguez and John Edwards? Do tell.

On September 2, 2008, Jay Leno joked:  “Governor Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. Oh, boy, you thought John Edwards was in trouble before, now he’s really done it!”

WOW! Sarah is going on the air with a guy who said John Edwards impregnated her daughter who was a minor? Don’t get me wrong, John Edwards is an asshat, but knocking up a minor? Well, we’re still waiting for that tape.  Dang, is this covered in the “Sarah Palin Satire Clause”?

Later he joked: “And we’re learning more and more about Governor Palin. Apparently her daughter’s name is Juno.”

Precious!

AND then …”All the Republicans are heaping praise on Governor Palin. Fred Thompson said, as an actor, he could see them making a movie about Sarah Palin and her family. Didn’t they already make that movie? I think it was called ‘Knocked Up!’”

I think Sarah owes David Letterman a fruit basket and an “I’m sorry I jumped on your case, it was working for me then.”

So many jokes from Jay Leno, but I found one I agree with:  “She said at her church, Governor Palin, said she asked everyone to pray for a natural gas pipeline, which she said was God’s will. And today, God said, “Hey lady, I don’t deal with oil companies. That’s more Satan’s area.”

Yet another chapter of Hypocrisy Now! With Sarah Palin.  (My apologize to Democracy NOW! With Amy Goodman)

[Via http://shannynmoore.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment