Friday, January 8, 2010

Reason #144: What's In A (Middle) Name

Growing up, the middle name used to be something of a feared thing. It only came out when you were in the deepest of troubles, and the worst of yourself.  But something has happened recently, and it appalls me.  It has suddenly become in vogue for girls to refer to themselves by their first and middle names. Gone is the surname. Maybe it’s a guise to be more of an “individual”, and denouncing your heritage, but it’s just something silly and dumb that girls have taken a shine to. I may just be bitter because I don’t have a middle name, but I’m pretty sure this is a ridiculous thing to do these days. I’ve talked to a few girls and they have the gall to try and tell me that it is “more representative of who I am”.  That, my dears, is a load of shit. Your excessive need to express your independence and individuality has resulted in, what else, but a dumb fad that just makes you one of the crowd. I’m sure all of you are the ones that started it, and the others are just copying you, but that isn’t much of an accomplishment.  Getting rid of your last name in Facebook isn’t reinventing the wheel, it’s just getting to the radius.

[Via http://reasonswhyihategirls.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment